The mother and son relationship is something special. This post on mother and son quotes helps bring out the love and express them to each other. Quotes are a lovely way of expressing things that are difficult to put into words. Feelings of devotion, pride, and admiration can be expressed easily through quotes. Only a mother is capable of giving her son the undivided attention, pampering, and worldly comforts that he wants. She is the only person with whom her son can share all his feelings and thoughts. She is curious about her son’s interests but gives him his personal space without prying. Similarly, a son leaves no stone unturned to make his mother happy in every way possible. Your mother knows that you love and respect her a lot. But it sure does feel nice to express it to her. But how? This post will help you with that thought. Read on for some heart-warming quotes about the beautiful bond shared between a mother and her son.
In This Article
Mother-Son Love Quotes
A mother’s love for her children is unconditional. If you have a mother whose love is as vast as the ocean or your son is the light of your life, here are a few quotes to express your appreciation and gratitude to each other.
- “I never knew what it meant to carry a little life within me until you were born. You came into this world and gave me so many experiences that were truly unique and unforgettable.”
- “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” – Cheri Fuller
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
- “When your lovers and friends desert you, never forget that we are right here to help you pick up the broken pieces of your heart. We will always be here to love you unconditionally. We love you, son.”
- “Every time I see you, my heart feels like it’s going to burst with all my love for you. I want you to know that no matter what age you are, you will always be my little boy. I will always care for you. I love you!”
Related: 30 Beautiful Poems About Mother And Son Relationship
- “To my dear son, I miss the time when you were a baby. You were as jolly as can be and never shed a tear. I miss reading you story books before bed. And you would say, ‘mom, make it funny in my own version’. I miss singing to you our special song, sitting by my side was where you always wanted to be. I missed your first word, I missed your first step. Now you are at your teenage years. Later in life, you gonna become a man. My dear son, I’ll be your guidance.” – Nagella Jean-Baptiste
- “To my son, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Life will give you comfort and difficulties. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be.”
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “And she loves this little boy more than life itself, she calls him son and now, he is her hero.”
- “I’m so blessed to have a son that’s so brilliant and strong. I don’t need reassurance that you love me. I know you have a good heart, and I know that you will go places. I love you, son! Remember that I’m always here to support you.”
- “No matter how old you become, I’ll always hold your hand tenderly… just like how I held it on the day that you were born. I love you, son.”
- “Sometimes, when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I’ve already created one.”
- “You are not just a son to me. You’re my life, my soul, my heart, and most of all, the reason for my existence.”
- “I loved you before I met you. I felt every move you made. You changed my life in a big way and the best way possible. You are the bone of my bones and the blood of my blood. You grew right under my heart and in it. You are my son.”
- “The best parent, in me, you may not have seen. But the best son, you have always been. Having you as my son is the only way, I’d want to live my life again to this very day. I love you, son.”
- “You’ve been a blessing from the start. I love you, son, with all my heart.”
Related: 55 Top Mother-Son Dance Songs For A Memorable Performance
- “Son, I love you and cannot imagine life without you.”
- “I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart. But most of all I love that he is my son.”
- “Sometimes you may be naughty, but mostly you are nice. Sometimes you may be naive, but mostly you are wise. Regardless of all these, sometimes, there is one thing that is ALWAYS. It is my love for you, which will keep growing day after day.”
- “My son! I closed my eyes for a moment, and suddenly a man stood where my boy used to be. I may not be able to carry you in my arms, but I will always carry you in my heart. You have given me so many reasons to be proud of the man you have become, but the proudest moment for me is telling others that you are my son. I love you now and forever.”
- “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am, I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her.” – George Washington
- “His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it. My son is my inspiration to live and enjoy life.”
- “A son is a love that lasts a lifetime; my son is my heart and everything. If my son is happy, then I am happy.”
- “Dear son, you have become everything I asked in a child and more! Your wisdom, talents, graciousness, generosity, and sense of humor are forever engraved in my heart! Love you so much!”
- “I’ve tried and failed at many things in life, but I will never stop giving 100% being the best mom for my son.”
- “You are the Jupiter of my life. My encouragement to live my life my way. Continue to shine my son; I will always be proud of you.”
- “I have a son who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
Whenever you are overwhelmed by the feelings for your son, compile them in a book and gift it to him on a special occasion. It will be a priceless gift he will hold onto for life.
- “You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become, and the devoted son you will always be.”
- “Yet now in my arms, I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. I cannot imagine that soft little face one-day having whiskers.” – Rhonda Stoppe
- “Maybe, destiny and fate could have given you better parents than us. But nothing could have given us a better son than you. I love you, son, you’re the best.”
- “A son is a mother’s blessing and her first love. I love you more and more with each passing day. Thank you for being you, my son!”
- “The best gifts in the world are not always wrapped in boxes. They also come in the form of loving sons like you.”
- “Even if you have your own life now, I have never stopped praying for your safety, stability, health, and happiness. I pray for your success in all aspects of your life. I know that you can do anything you set your mind on, but it’s good to know that you have the full backing of a mother’s prayers! I love you, son.”
- “Neither is your dad a king, nor am I a queen. But you, our dear son, have turned out to be nothing less than a handsome and charismatic prince. Your compassion and loyalty make you such a wonderful human being. We love you.”
- “Being the only woman in this world who can love you this much (and no matter what your future wife will say, I will love you just a bit more than she ever can), I have a few things to tell you, to help you along the way and hopefully guide you through this life even after I’m gone.”
- “My son. I wish you the strength to face challenges with confidence, along with the wisdom to choose your battles carefully. I wish you adventure on your journey, and may you always stop to help someone along the way, listen to your heart and take risks carefully. Remember how much you are loved. I am so proud of you!”
Related: 20 Thoughtful Letters To Mom
Mother-Son Relationship Quotes
Here are a few quotes which describe the beautiful relationship between a mother and her son. Use them on greeting cards or just send them randomly to express your love to each other.
- “You will be his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma, and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.”
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
- “A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof that he has been born and raised in the arms of a queen.”
- “There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish proverb
- “To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” – Miranda Kerr
- “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
- “There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son.”
- “Mother is her son’s first god; she must teach him the most important lesson of all – how to love.”- TF Hodge
- “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons.” – Mary Kay Blakely
- “You may have tangible wealth untold; caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than you can never be. I had a mother who read to me.” – Strickland Gillilan
- “Having a child makes you realize the importance of life – narcissism goes out of the window. Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
- “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” – Joseph Stefano
- “The bond between a mother and son lasts a lifetime. The bond between a mother and son is a special one. It remains unchanged by time or distance. It is the purest love, unconditional and true. It is an understanding of any situation and forgiving of any mistake.”
- “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “A good son will never allow sorrow to befall her mother…and act as if he is an only child that cares…protects when no one dares…serves with his life in return…and most of all finds a wife that will love his mother too.” – Helen Rebibis Ramos
- “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is the reality we are living in.” – Lauryn Hill
- “Sons worship their mothers and look at them with adoration. They see them as flawless, almighty beings who spread love and who are able to do anything. That is why the most important lesson that a mother can teach her son is to respect, love, and understand women.”
- “Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one.” – Thiruvalluvar
- “Being a mother to a little boy and helping him discover the world is one of the greatest experiences in a woman’s life, which makes objective goals dull in comparison. The connection between a mother and her son opens the gate to a new world of wonder and love.”
- “As the mother of a son, I do not accept that alienation from me is necessary for his discovery of himself. As a woman, I will not cooperate in demeaning womanly things so that he can be proud to be a man. I like to think the women in my son’s future are counting on me.” – Letty Cottin Porgrebin
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ‘My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
- “Sons believe that their mothers are flawless people and to discover; otherwise, it is crushing. Every son knows his mother’s sacrifice for him only so that he can have the best life; that is why he trusts her completely and irrevocably.”
- “ A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.“ – Washington Irving
- “I can predict your future; it’s way too easy. You’ll be a handsome man, very fine and classy. You will soar new heights, not just because you are my son but because from your heart, you are a lovely person. Your life will be perfect, just as it is now… you have no idea that I love you and how.”
Point to consider
If your son lives in a different city or country, send him a handwritten postcard expressing your love for him. Such letters are more special than e-mails or texts.
- “The best love in the world is the love of a man. The love of a man who came from your womb, the love of your son!” – C.JoyBell C
- “My day starts with my son and finishes with my son, and in between, I get to do everything else.”
- “To have a son means to have a protector, a buddy, a support system, and to live out one of life’s greatest adventures!”
- “Nothing can be more important to a mother than her son’s welfare, and nothing can be more precious than a mother’s love for her son.”
- “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.”
Related: 15 Heartfelt And Encouraging Sample Letter For Son
Funny Mother-Son Quotes
If you want to share a light moment with your mother/ son, then here are some funny quotes on parenting which could bring a smile on your faces.
- “My son makes me smile when he stands up for what he believes in, even if it’s his right to have a second portion of dessert.”
- “When your mom’s voice is so loud, even the neighbors brush their teeth and get dressed.”
- “The most surprising thing about motherhood was realizing that going to the grocery store by myself without any kids tends to feel like a four-star vacation.”
- “The biggest surprise about motherhood is that humans can actually survive on one hour of sleep a night.”
- “I slept in until 7:30 and now have a clogged bathroom sink, all the candy is gone, and the playroom is a disaster. Worth it.”
- “The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother’s always a Democrat.”
- “Silence is golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is suspicious.”
- “Tucked my kids in bed and said ‘I’ll see you in the morning!’ and saw each other 16 more times before sunrise.”
- “My kids call it ‘yelling’ when I raise my voice. I call it motivational speaking for the selective listener.”
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning.”
- “Being a mom means you need eyes like a hawk, to be fast like a cheetah, have ears and nose like a dog. Most of all, be protective like a bear.”
- “My alarm clock wears cute Jammies and smiles at me when I wake up.”
- “My nickname is Mom, but my full name is Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom….”
- “Mothers are better than the CIA – they know you did it, how you did it, who you did it with and can hear you trying to hide the evidence.”
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them.” – Phyllis Diller
- “Daddy ‘s a lot nicer than you are Mommy.” “That’s probably due to all of the extra rest he gets, sweetheart.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to someone who carried me for 9 months physically and for 29 years financially.”
- “Nothing is really lost until your mom can’t find it.”
- “A boy is the truth with dirt on his face, beauty with a cut on his fingers, wisdom with bubble gum in his hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in his pocket.”
- “A woman with all sons will be surrounded by handsome men for the rest of her life.”
- “If a woman speaks and every one is listening, her name is probably mom.”
[ Read: Birthday Wishes For Son ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to express your love for my son?
There is no one “best” way to express your love for your son, as every relationship is unique and individual. However, you may express your love by telling him you love him, spending quality time with him, being understanding, and being supportive.
2. What is the most important lesson a mother can pass on to her son?
One of the essential lessons a mother can pass on to her son is to treat everyone with respect and kindness. This includes respecting people’s differences, being empathetic towards others, and treating others as they want to be treated.
3. What are the benefits of loving and supportive mother-son relationships?
A loving and supportive mother-son relationship can bring numerous benefits to both mother and son. These benefits include an emotional support system, improved mental health, strong family bonding, and improved self-esteem.
A mother’s relationship with her son is one of the most beautiful relations. This bond blossoms from the moment a child is born and continues to grow throughout childhood and adulthood. A mother and a son are each other’s safety nets, allowing them to fall back on each other at any time. These heartwarming mother and son quotes can remind you of the loving bond. You can use them on birthday greetings, bouquets, or text messages to express your deep admiration and nurture the special connection you share.
Infographic: Endearing Mother And Son Quotes
There is hardly any love more incredible than a mother’s for her son. He is the most treasured blessing in a mother’s life. Also, she is everything in the world to him. The mother-son bond is natural yet quite remarkable, and the quotes in this infographic cannot agree more!
Get high-quality PDF version by clicking below.
Celebrate the amazing bond between mother and son with these beautiful quotes. Take a look at what they have to say!
Was this article helpful?
The following two tabs change content below.